Nine major-career resource guides below help your students process who they are, learn how to get pertinent experiences to confirm their major and career choices, and gain valuable experiences for marketability upon graduation. Many have corresponding grab-and-go lesson plans if you want to incorporate them into a deeper part of your first-year seminar.
Major-Career Resource Guides (Tip Sheets)
- #1 TRAITIFY (WOOFOUND)—Students can take a quick and visual online assessment to determine their personality blend and to consider possible majors and careers.
- TRAITIFY AND INTEREST CODE BLEND SHEET—Students can use this resource to match their Traitify results and interest codes to majors at IUPUI.
- #2 FOCUS—Students can take an online assessment of their values, interests, personalities, and skills to provide insight into possible major and career matches.
- #3 MAJOR-CAREER CONNECTION SHEETS—Students can see a snapshot of majors at IUPUI and compare them to their Holland Codes, as well as learn about where to get more information.
- INTEREST CODE BOOKLET—This resource allows students to self-type their major and career interest codes.
- #4 CANDID CAREER—Students can watch videos relating to their prospective fields and process whether or not the majors and careers being discussed would be a good fit for them.
- #5 O*NET—Students can research occupational information and compare knowledge, skills, abilities, and education required for different jobs.
- #6 INFORMATIONAL INTERVIEWING—Students are guided through the steps of interviewing professionals to gain information about their fields.
- #7 PARALLEL PLANNING—Students can use this guide to explore related majors and career paths alongside their current intended majors.
- #8 MAJOR AND CAREER EXPLORATION EVENT—Students can use this guide to reflect on any career development related event they attend at IUPUI.
- #9 DECISION-MAKING GUIDE—This guide teaches students the decision-making process and will help them to learn more about their decision-making styles.