Eight major-career resource guides below help your students process who they are, learn how to get pertinent experiences to confirm their major and career choices, and gain valuable experiences for marketability upon graduation. Many have corresponding grab-and-go lesson plans if you want to incorporate them into a deeper part of your first-year seminar.
Major-Career Resource Guides (Tip Sheets)
- TRAITIFY—Students can take a quick and visual online assessment to determine their personality blend and to consider possible majors and careers.
- FOCUS—Students can take an online assessment of their values, interests, personality, and skills to provide insight into possible major and career matches.
- MCC SHEETS—Students can see a snapshot of majors at IUPUI and compare them to their Holland Codes, as well as learn about where to get more information.
- CANDID CAREER—Students can watch videos relating to their prospective fields and process whether or not the major or career being discussed would be a good fit for them.
- O*NET—Students can research occupational information and compare knowledge, skills, abilities, and education required for different jobs.
- INFORMATIONAL INTERVIEWING—Students are guided through the steps of interviewing professionals to gain information about their fields.
- PARALLEL PLANNING—Students use this guide to explore related majors and career paths alongside their current intended majors.
- MAJOR AND CAREER EVENT REFLECTION—Students use this guide to reflect on a career development or major exploration event they attend.