If you want to make changes to your class schedule, keep in mind these important considerations:
- Degree and admission timeline for your major. Meet with your advisor to discuss the impact of adds and drops on your academic progress.
- Add/drop deadlines. See the official IU calendar to find out when a grade of W starts and when the Auto-W deadline is for each academic session.
- Financial aid. Will a dropped class or W grade cause you to lose financial aid? Contact Student Central to find out.
- Bursar fees. How much will that add or drop cost? Will you end up paying high fees? Or extra tuition? Read about how changing your schedule can impact your fees or financial aid.
- Visa status. International students should learn about enrollment requirements for their visa and consult with the Office of International Affairs (OIA) when considering schedule changes.
- Full time status. Do you need to stay full time for 21st Century Scholars? Athletics? Scholarships? Visa status? Or your parent's insurance? See instructions below on finding open late-starting classes (such as second eight-week courses).
- Important considerations before withdrawing. Considering withdrawing completely from the university this semester? See information on withdrawal from all subjects.