Throughout the spring 2017 semester and through the work of three mini-retreats, expectations were established for all of Academic and Career Development (ACD). The concepts within The Speed of Trust by Stephen Covey were discussed in addition to setting expectations for how we would work together moving forward. The result of these three meetings was the ACD principles below.
Our guiding principles
- Foster a team-oriented environment rooted in trust, engagement, and open mindedness.
- Be positive and respectful in our relationships.
- Communicate intentionally, authentically, and inclusively.
- Inspire a culture of creativity, innovation, and professional growth.
- Give and receive honest and constructive feedback.
- Demonstrate professional integrity and take ownership for our actions.
- Recognize and celebrate strengths, contributions, and accomplishments.
- Work collaboratively to inspire student authorship of their academic, career, and personal development.
- Provide service that reflects our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Advocate for student success and the fulfillment of IUPUI’s mission.
How we use these principles
To keep these principles at the forefront of our work, they will be utilized from the hiring process to weekly staff meetings and through the annual performance management process.