Career development is an important aspect of your experience at IUPUI. When you can articulate your values, interests, personality and skills in a detailed way and relate those to the world of work, you become a more engaged and successful student. Academic and Career Development within University College helps guide you to your best fit major and subsequent career path.
Seven exploration resource guides below help you process who you are and how to get pertinent experiences to confirm your major and career choices and gain valuable experiences for marketability upon graduation.
- TRAITIFY- you can take a quick and visual online assessment to determine your personality blend and consider possible majors and careers
- FOCUS- you can take an online assessment of your values, interests, personality and skills to provide insight into possible major and career matches
- MCC SHEETS- you can see a snapshot of majors at IUPUI and compare them to your Holland Code as well as learn about where to get more information
- CANDID CAREER- you can watch videos relating to your prospective fields process whether or not the major or career being discussed would be a good fit for you
- O*NET- you can research occupational information and compare knowledge, skills, abilities and education required for different jobs
- INFORMATIONAL INTERVIEWING- you are guided through the steps of interviewing professionals to gain information about your field
- PARALLEL PLANNING- you use this guide to explore related majors and career paths alongside your current intended major