- M.S.Ed. in Higher Education and Student Affairs, May 2020
- B.A. in Psychology, Ball State University, May 2018
- How long in ACD?: Began in May 2018
- What do you like about the work you do?: I enjoy meeting unique students every day and hearing about them as individuals and the academic and career goals they have for themselves. I like to help my students learn how to plan courses and become familiar with resources they can seek out to make their college journey everything they want it to be. I am able to create relationships with my students and watch them grow and achieve the goals they set for themselves, which is the most rewarding part of my job.
- Past jobs/experiences:
- Resident Assistant, Ball State University, 2015–2018
- Orientation Leader, Ball State University, Summer 2015, Summer 2016
Advice to students:
- Take the opportunity to establish a relationship with a faculty member or staff member on campus. There are tons of people on campus who are dedicated to answering your questions and giving guidance throughout college.
- Ask questions! Don’t ever be afraid of asking questions; there are so many people who want and are here to help you!
- Set goals for yourself and figure out a balance for your life that allows you to meet those goals while taking care of yourself.
If you could be any major in your cluster, what would it be? Why?: I would be a neuroscience major because I love learning about the brain. I would be super interested in doing research and learning about how our brains learn language and words!
I grew up in Hammond, Indiana, and left for boarding school during my junior year of high school. I then went on to study psychology (and three minors!) at Ball State University. I moved to Indianapolis in the summer of 2018 to begin my graduate program. I live with my friends from my cohort and love Indianapolis and IUPUI so much!
I love cooking and baking; trying new restaurants; and going to museums, art exhibits, and concerts. I also love being outside when the weather is nice and going hiking, kayaking, and camping.
I am a HUGE animal lover and grew up with three dogs. Jellyfish absolutely terrify me, though.