- Master of Science in Higher Education and Student Affairs, Indiana University
- Bachelor of Arts in History, University of Utah
- Minors in International Relations and Leadership Studies
- Never changed my major, despite the frequent “What are you going to do with a history degree?” I loved my classes and knew I could market myself well after graduation with lots of great work and leadership experience on my resume.
- How long in ACD: Since June 2014.
- What do you like about the work you do: I appreciate that I get to learn and to grow right alongside students every single day.
- Past jobs/experiences: I worked previously at Ivy Tech Community College, Butler University, The University of California-Riverside, and The University of Utah, gaining experience in the areas of academic advising, new student orientation, parent and family programs, and leadership development. Before working in education, I was a Target cashier, summer camp counselor, cheerleading coach, and bowling alley attendant.
Advice to students: Own your college experience—all of the ups and downs—but don’t think that means to go at it alone. Having a strong support network is critical, especially when things get tough.
Biography: I was raised in a military family, growing up primarily overseas in Belgium, Japan, and Germany. I love to travel and save every penny I can to make it happen. When I’m not at work, I enjoy hiking, napping in hammocks, car singing, yoga, board games, and spending time with family and my two rambunctious rescue dogs, Putter and Daphne. My favorite things to learn about include almost anything related to history, culture, environmentalism, linguistics, and food.