- Master of Science in Education, Indiana University
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Notre Dame
- Majors: Psychology and English
- Previous Major: Biology
- How long in ACD? I started in my current role as managing director in July 2021; however, I actually worked in the unit early in my career as a graduate assistant and then as the joint academic advisor with the School of Engineering and Technology.
- What do you like about the work you do? People are our greatest asset. The staff in Academic and Career Development care deeply about IUPUI students, and I love working with such a committed group of people. I am honored to serve in a role that supports our student success advisors and career consultants and strive to ensure they have the resources they need to be there for IUPUI students.
- Past jobs/experiences? Mental health case worker, camp counselor, study abroad, alternative breaks, student organization advisor, dental assistant, food, and retail. I’ve been committed to IUPUI since 2006, where I’ve also held positions in the Honors College and the School of Health and Human Sciences.
Advice to Students:
- Do what challenges you. If you never try, you will never know your true potential.
- Pay attention to your instincts. You know more about you than anyone else ever will.
If you could be any major in your cluster, what would it be? Why?: Environmental science. I love science and read a ton of nonfiction about environmental issues and the evolving knowledge base that informs the discipline.
Biography: I grew up in Evansville, Indiana, in the southwestern part of the state, went to college in northern Indiana, and now call Indy my home. When I’m not working, I’m spending as much time as possible outside. Hobbies I enjoy include woodworking, hiking, trail biking, kayaking, and copious amounts of reading. More than anything, I enjoy watching my kids grow into amazing people and traveling to new places. I have four chickens, who provide us many laughs and lots of eggs. My favorite place on campus is the Magnolia Courtyard between Taylor Hall and the Education Building.