- Master of Science in Education, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN; May 2014
- Bachelor of Science in Education, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN; June 2004
- Teaching All Learners
- Elementary Education, grades K–6
- Special Education, grades K–6
- How long in ACD: I started working in ACD on February 1, 2014.
- What do you like about the work you do: I love helping students navigate their educational journey and to find what they are passionate about in life. It brings me great joy to help students identify their values, interests, skills, and personality. The student is the expert of their life, I just help coach them along the way.
- Past jobs/experiences: I have been working at Indiana University for over 10 years. I started my career in higher education at the Regional Campus of Indiana University, Kokomo, Indiana.
Advice to students: There is no such thing as a dumb question! If you don’t ask it, then you will never know the answer AND more than likely someone around you probably has the exact same question. Get to know your professors! Ask them about their research or what made them want to teach. Get involved in at least one thing during your college career that interests you.
If you could be any major in your cluster, what would it be? Why?: I think that I would want to do social work and get my masters in social work with a focus on school counseling. I would want to do this degree because it is extremely versatile, it remains in the helping field, and it still gives me the option to work with students.
- Where are you from? I was born and raised in Kempton, Indiana.
- What are your interests? I love reading, watching movies, traveling, and spending time with friends.
- I am married to my amazing partner, Anika, and have two wonderful kids, Emma and Eli.
- Pets: I have one dog named Luna.